I believe I will be heading home in a few hours.  I just had breakfast and have been up to the restroom all on my own.  I am disconnected from my lovely IV pole. I really want to wash hair, so when I get home that will be Jim’s challenge, can’t get staples wet until next week.  I will be going home with some steroids and tapering those off, so I may not do quite as much as I can feel I can right now. Gotta be on watch for fever, but so far so good.  Still a bit dizzy when I rotate my head but working on my PT is definitely helping.  I’m getting ready to got for a walk around the nurses station.  I put my Apple watch back on today as doc says he’s scared I might push myself too much.  He only wants me doing 5% more each day.  I am so excited to be recovering better than I thought.  My PT was thankful for all my pre-balance work and said it definitely made a difference.  My main exercises were balancing on the bosu ball.  I highly recommend it. I will video the PT that I am doing, which is pretty much turning my head side to side or up and down.

Comments

  1. Congrats on such a wonderful recovery!! Surgery is scary but the recovery is scary as well and you’re rocking it

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great Randi!! I understand your doctor’s concern. You’ve done SO well and you’re such a strong and determined person. Those things are great but PLEASE remember your body (and brain) have been through a LOT this week and they need rest and it’s important not to overdo it, even though you may feel like you can. 😊 (Sorry...it’s the nurse in me coming out). I’m sure it’s going to be super great to be back home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an answer to prayer! So thankful and grateful for this wonderful news and progress! Praying for a complete recovery....keep up the great work, Randi! You are an inspiration! God bless you and your sweet family! Anita Z.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Belt with a Brain Tumor